A Faith Based Recovery Is
1. Recovery is a process that can be facilitated by many factors to include: a belief in your ability to get better, support systems, medication(s), and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. A faith-based recovery mindset is freeing your self from the prison of your limitations, and realizing that God has indeed created you for a purpose. It is coming to the knowledge that the grace of God is available for you, and that He is concerned about everything that concerns you.
3. A person with a faith-based recovery mindset understands that while the plan God has for their life may not be the plan that they envisioned, they remain determined to rest and to trust in His sovereign plan.
4. A faith-based recovery mindset is choosing to take responsibility for your treatment, and not being afraid to seek help when needed. It is coming to the understanding that in order to live a healthy life, you may have to take medication(s), but having to take medication(s) does not decrease or imply that you lack faith in God.
5. A faith based recovery mindset does not just accept the belief that things will always be the way that they are now, or that things will never get better.
6. A faith based recovery mindset chooses to hope, to trust Jesus Christ, and to do the things that are necessary to facilitate recovery and life.
7. A person with a faith-based recovery mindset understands, that even if they don’t get a miracle when they want it, God is still in control of their steps.
8. A person with a faith-based recovery mindset is not just sitting down, idly waiting for a miracle. Instead they are living their life to the fullest…now.
9. A person with a faith-based recovery mindset understands, that even if they don’t get a miracle when they want it, God is still in control of their steps.
10. A person with a faith-based recovery mindset is not just sitting down, idly waiting for a miracle. Instead they are living their life to the fullest…now.
11. A person with a faith-based recovery mindset understands that because they are more than the symptoms of their illness they must take care of their spirit, soul and bodies.
12. Recovery is living everyday knowing that as a Christian you have the treasure of God in you, so the Excellency of the power of the Lord Jesus Christ may be of him and not of you. It is for that reason, that you keep moving in the plans that He has for your life no matter how you feel.
13. Recovery is understanding that though setbacks may happen in your life, with Jesus Christ you can recover and move forward.
14. Recovery is standing on the word of God, trusting your lord and savior Jesus Christ and thanking him for the grace that has brought you this far.
IGBATTMHO 2021 All Rights Reserved
1. Are you living the life that God has ordained for you?
2. Why not? What is holding you back?
3. What changes can you make in your life, in order to make your dreams a reality?
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)
The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace. Psalms 29:11 (KJV)